Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sunday Social Linkup


I don't normally link up with other blogs, but I thought this sounded fun!  I'm linking up with The Sunday Social with Ashley and Neely.

Sunday Social



  Here's what they say about The Sunday Social:

What is The Sunday Social you ask?

The Sunday social will be 6 questions every Sunday that all have a similar theme to them. Its a great way to meet new people, gain some followers and find new blogs you can't wait to read! People will slowly get to know you. You can add pictures to the posts, videos, whatever you want. 

The only requirement is that you use our button and answer the questions in whatever way you like :)


This week's questions are designed to let bloggers know who you are and what your blog is about. Here are my answers:


How did you come up with your blog name?
The line "Leading Me Home" is from a song called Let Go by Lindsay McCaul.  I was listening to this song non-stop during a time in my life that the Lord ripped an idol (in the form of a man) out of my hands.  


Cradle my hands, knuckles so white
Open them up, and say it's alright, 
Oh, show me a plan, call it your own
Make it a journey, leading me home


My blog was originally entitled " My Journey: Leading Me Home."  But I shortened it not too long after I started blogging....thought it sounded better.  :-)

What is your favorite thing about blogging?
My favorite thing about blogging is reading how the Lord is moving in other people's lives.  It's been such a blessing to be able to relate with other women across the country who love Jesus and who have had similar struggles.  I also LOVE being able to go back and re-read my blog and see how the Lord has really worked in my life!

What is one thing you have discovered because of blogging and now can't live 
without?
Twitter.  I never used Twitter before I started blogging.  
And etsy.  I use etsy all the time now!!

Facebook or Twitter? and Why?
Well...I'm a big Facebook person.  But only with my real life friends.  I love Facebook because there's no other way I'd be able to keep up with them otherwise!!  
I keep up with my blogging friends with Twitter.

If one celeb read your blog who would you want it to be?
Before I met my fiancé (he's reading this, you know!), I was in love with Brandon Heath.  I blogged about marrying him.  And thanks to FeedJit, I can kind of keep track of who views my blog.  Kind of.  But I'm 99.9% sure that Brandon Heath (or someone who lives where he lives) actually read my blog!  TWICE!!  That totally satisfies my celeb-reading-desires.  :-)

What is something you want people to know about your blog?
It's totally me.  My mom gets on to me about sharing too much on my blog.  Apparently, I'm too emotionally available.  But I've been blessed by others' transparency.  If my own transparency can bless someone else, then I'm happy to be an open book!

4 comments:

  1. Saying "hi" from Sunday Social! I love your favorite thing about blogging! I find it so inspirational to watch God work in others' lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. brandon heath is pretty awesome :)

    cute blog!

    happy sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you came up with your blog name, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just listened to the song "Let Go." I really needed to hear and read those lyrics tonight. Thank you for sharing and for being a blessing!

    ReplyDelete