Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I might just marry Brandon Heath

For those of you who have read my blog for any length of time, you probably know that I have a little "thang"  for Brandon Heath.  It started out by me just flat out loving his music and how it ministered to me in the midst of some hurtful times.  See my blog here.  Then it was admiration of his musicianship (as a musician, it so refreshing to hear someone who truly knows music!).  Then it was me goofing around about getting a date with him.

Now, let me just tell you -- it is a FULL. ON. CRUSH.  I mean, seriously.  Cutest couple ever!

You know this is my new Facebook profile pic.
My mom (God bless her soul) agreed to go with me to the concert, though, she had had an incredibly busy day and would have preferred to stay at home.  Gotta love my mama.

Ready to go!

We got to the church and there was a serious line outside waiting to get into the Soundcheck Session. 


The Soundcheck Session was HANDS DOWN the best part of the show.  I absolutely LOVE an acoustic set.  Just a dude, a guitar and a song.  Yes, please!!  Reminds me of high school when we'd sit around with guitars and a piano and a djembe and just worship.




Brandon was wonderful in engaging and talking to the audience.  Lots of smiles and laughing all around.  We even managed a conversation about Teddy Ruxpin.  ???  Anybody else remember that creepy bear? On a side note, my mother has some serious blackmail potential photos with me and my Teddy Ruxpin!  We were best buds.


After our little acoustic set, we had to wait a bit for the show to start.  
We're usually pretty good at keeping ourselves entertained.  

The "real" show finally started with Brit Nicole.  I'm gonna be honest.  I'd never heard of this chickadee before, but the little girls in the audience LOVED her and sang along with every song!  Girlfriend stressed me out, though!  I swear she was going to break an ankle in those shoes!



Then it was Brandon's turn.  SO WONDERFUL!  My mom and I had a great time, and I have to admit, the longer the concert went on, the more my heart palpitated.  :-)




I have a confession to make.  I totally used this blog as an excuse to get a picture with my main man, Brandon.  Obviously, I was going to blog about the concert and would use any pictures I could get.  But, I would have wanted a picture with him regardless of the blog!  So my mom and I hung out until the majority of the crowd had dissipated so I could get my coveted picture.

I have to tell you this story.  While we waited in line to meet Brandon, there was a little girl (probably in kindergarten) and her grandma? in front of us.  She wasn't exactly the best behaved child I've ever seen.  She was running around and stepped on my mom's foot.  She turned around, looked at my mom and said, "You'll be okay."  HA!  That would never fly in my classroom and apparently wasn't a good response in my mom's opinion either.  My mom looked down at her and said, "I believe the word you're looking for is excuse me."  Oh, mom.  :-)  I had to turn my back on the situation so they wouldn't all see me laughing!

Anyway....back to Mr. Heath.

Here's me introducing myself to him.  How professional do I look?!  You'd think I was interviewing for a job.  Actually....it looks like he's the one interviewing for a job.  Funny!

 And then the best part of the night.

How creepy would it be for me to frame this and put it on my bedroom wall?  JUST KIDDING!!!


On a completely serious note, Brandon talked about his work in Africa with Food for the Hungry.  I've been thinking a lot about my summer and whether or not to go back to China to serve again.  Honestly, Africa has really been on my mind....instead of China.  I'd love prayers for wisdom and discernment for where to serve this summer!  More to come on that front later.

2 comments:

  1. Honey. Don't let your infatuation with Brandon take your eyes off the direction where God may want you to go. Yes, Brandon is an impressive musician and let's not forget he's gives off godly man image but that's not enough. Take it from another praise and worship leader. God bless you sis! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what... I didn't even look at your pictures on the right side, so, scratch that... what I said prior. Be blessed anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete