Saturday, September 3, 2011

Wassup!

My dad sometimes reminds me of the kindergartener who gets stuck on something and obsesses over it and can't figure out how to move on.

For example, do you remember the Budweiser "Wassup!" commercials?  Maybe this will jog your memory.



Yeah...that's how my dad answered the telephone for a solid year whenever my sister or I called the house.

And when we were little -- who am I kidding....he still does this -- whenever he would want us to try something he was eating, he put it on his fork and stuck it in our face and said "Try it.  Try it.  Just try it.  You'll like it if you try it.  Try it.  Try it.  Try it.  Try it." until we either gave in and ate it or threw the fork across the kitchen.

So I shouldn't be terribly surprised that he's once again stuck.  This time, though, it's a little bit more personal for me.  It's bleeding into MYOB (Mind Your Own Business) territory.  Lately any time I mention going on a date or being married some day or having babies, my father replies with one-ish word.

"ChristianMingle.com."

Me:  "Man, I'd love to be a stay-at-home-mom right now."

Dad:  "ChristianMingle.com."

Me:  "I bought this really cute skirt.  It'd make a good date night outfit."

Dad:  "ChristianMingle.com."

Me:  "I need to find someone to go to the football game with me."

Dad:  "ChristianMingle.com."

UGH!  I have ignored this statement for the last couple of months....until my mom picked up on it, too. I know it's bad when my mom has started in on it.

"You know what your dad would say."   Yes, mom.  ChristianMingle.com.

I'll be honest.  I've done Match.  I've done eharmony.  I hated them both and I'm still single.  I gave up the website stuff a while back and genuinely have no interest in picking it back up again.   At least until my mom jokingly suggested she and my dad do my profile online.  This is a potentially (and strangely) entertaining idea.  So, I think I'm going to wave the white flag and give in.....and hopefully get a few laughs out of the whole bit.

But in the process I thought I'd set a few other relationship goals that seem equally as ridiculous ChristianMingle.com.

Goal #1:  As previously stated, check out ChristianMingle.com by way of my parents doing all of the leg work.  I'm just gonna go with it and see what happens.  Stay tuned.

Goal #2:  Get a date with Brandon Heath.  I mean, why not?  I'm semi-in love with him.....or with the idea of him singing to me.  Not sure which.  He's coming to town in October, so it could happen!

Goal #3:  Let Tyler Palko take me out to dinner.  I have always wanted to marry a football player.  And Tyler Palko is just about as good as any.  I don't know anything about him except he's the second string QB on the Chiefs and he is pretty!  

This is from 2010 training camp. Yes, please!

Who needs realistic goals?  These are much more entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment