Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Because I'm the Teacher

Last week (the week of Thanksgiving) we had two days of school.  My grade level strategically planned a field trip on Monday because we all know how focused kids are on a two day school week before Thanksgiving.  Right.  And, because I'm the teacher, (and because I love the Chiefs!), I scheduled us to take a field trip to the new Chiefs Sports Lab!  It is AWESOME!


One of my students asked if we were going on this field trip because I like the Chiefs so much.  My response -- "Of course not!"  Ummm....well, maybe just a little.  :-)

Of course I can't show the pictures of my students there which is a bummer because I've got some seriously cute pictures!  BUT.....I do have a few that their teacher was super excited about!  (I seriously said to a couple of kids multiple times this trip, "Your teacher is SOOO happy right now!")

We got to walk out of the Chiefs tunnel onto the field!! 
The kids were really excited to go onto the field.  
They wanted to see where Miss Schulze sits every Sunday.  :-)

Well....maybe not this season.
There is a tunnel on the Chiefs sideline that I've never noticed before....it's very nondescript.  It goes down below the field and back into the stadium to the locker rooms.  The players use this tunnel at half time and at the end of the game.

We're on our way to the locker room!  I was a little giddy at this point!


Before entering the locker room we were told there is a big arrowhead on the carpet in the middle of the locker room.  We were not allowed to touch it because it's disrespectful and bad luck.  That was difficult for the kiddos to understand.  "Why can't we stand on the arrowhead?" was a question I answered multiple times.  But you'd better believe that I'd have had some heads if anyone had stepped on that thing!
 Not my prettiest moment ever, but I needed my picture in front of Tyler Palko's locker!  Even if the rest of Kansas City isn't a fan of his.


And you know I took a picture in front of D Bowe's locker!!!

 All of the lockers were empty except this one.  Apparently they keep this one stocked all the time so they know how each locker is to be stocked every week.  Every player's locker is set up just like this one.

I have to brag on my kiddos for a second.  Even though you can't see their pictures, you should know that the Chiefs told us we were the best behaved students they've had!  YAY US!

So, the moral of the story is.....when you're the teacher, you get to pick the field trip.  :-)


1 comment:

  1. What a completely awesome field trip! My students would be in absolute heaven if we went to the Browns stadium. Um...even though the Browns can't win anything, ha! Very cool though.

    ReplyDelete