Sunday, March 1, 2015

Thirty-Three

Friday was my birthday.  I never in a million years thought I would be 33 and not a mom.  I was feeling pretty emotional about my birthday, so I thought it would be nothing but awesome to start my day off with a Starbucks!  If you don't have the Starbucks app, you totally need to get it.  I got a free coffee drink on my birthday!  WAHOO!


Then I was headed to work.  I am the first teacher in the building 99.9% of the time.  So when I walked in and saw my teammate Brianna at the end of the hall, I knew something was up.  When I got to my door, she was standing there with this all over the wall.  Little did I know that these were actually the decoy balloons...

Because when I opened my door, this happened.
 
The gag-gift birthday tree was sitting happily on my table.

And my age was prominently displayed in stickers.

And then before I knew it, this arrived!

My team and I have a running joke about Brianna's lack of focus.  It really got started with this image.  So instead of saying "squirrel" when someone isn't focused, we say banana.

This is what Brianna got me for my birthday.  :-)


Actually, she and my other teammates got me a Panera and Starbucks gift card!  WOOT WOOT!
They sent me picture of their undercover work.

I was so grateful that my team made my day so fun when it could have been such a hard day!  They bought me lunch, too, and just blessed me all day long!

One of my students made this for me.  Looks just like Fred and Ginger!

Then Friday night we went to my parents' house.  My mom made me dinner.  And it started with shrimp cocktail!  And then it was followed by twice baked potatoes and Chicken Kiev.  FANCY!


My sister got me a dress from Charming Charlie that Michael loves!

And then my surprise dessert!  

We ended the night watching old VHS home videos.  It was lots of fun!  

The next night we braved the terrible weather and went to a new restaurant with some sweet, sweet friends!  (And some really yummy dessert!)


Today ended with a DELICIOUS lunch at Jack Stack with Michael's family.  Somehow we ended up with zero pictures!  How does that happen??  

A weekend that could have been sad and depressing, turned out being so so so much fun!  I am so blessed with such wonderful friends and family!


No comments:

Post a Comment