Monday, February 23, 2015

A Busy Busy Weekend

This has been a crazy busy weekend!  It was my sister's wedding weekend!  We started off with manis and pedis on Friday.  I almost never get manicures, but I love them.  I spent the whole weekend staring at my nails.  I'm trying to convince Michael to add monthly manicures to our budget.

Then we had a lot of last minute errands to run: got a camcorder to record her ceremony, made another stop at Charming Charlie for wedding jewelry, went to pick up the dress Meredith bought the day before.  Yes, that's right.  She bought a new dress two days before her wedding.  She really wanted to do this wedding on a budget, so she bought the first dress on Etsy.  As much as I adore Etsy, it turns out you probably shouldn't order a cheap wedding dress from the site because it ends up being...well...cheap.  After two alterations, it still fit terribly.  So she bought a new dress.


The rehearsal and rehearsal dinner was that night.  I had been dealing with a cold all week, so I spent the night sucking on cough drops and hoping to not hack up a lung through the entire ceremony!  The next morning was hair and makeup.  My hair lady was going for "big Texas hair."  She nailed it!  :-)

 My sister's bestie is an AMAZING artist.  She made this.  It looks like a chalkboard, but it's a canvas.  And she painted the words.  I am still amazed.

This was at the reception.  At this point I had hardly slept for several days because of my cold, but we somehow made it through!

Sunday my mom had a brunch for Meredith and Luke and our immediate families.  By the time we got home, I was officially down for the count.  By evening I had tissues everywhere and Ginger thought the thermometer was a cat toy.  Reluctantly (because I always feel guilty when I miss school), I called in sick for Monday.  Sunday night was the first night in a  long time that I actually slept the whole night through!  WAHOO!  I'm starting to feel much better, but am really grateful the full force of my cold held off until after the wedding.  There will be more pictures of the weekend to come soon!  (This is just all I had on my phone.)

No comments:

Post a Comment