Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Hello Fresh -- What Is It?

Our lives have been so busy lately that I can barely find time to get to the grocery store.  And when we do, either something comes up during the week and I don't end up cooking everything we planned or I end up with tons of leftover meals or ingredients that just go to waste.  If a recipe, for example, calls for 3 carrots, I have to buy a bag of carrots.  Nine times out of ten, the majority of those carrots go to waste.

Out of the blue, Michael found this really interesting company called Hello Fresh.  Basically, we get to pick 3 out of 5 meals to have each week.  Each week we have new meals to choose from.  They send us a box each Wednesday with all of the pre-measured, fresh ingredients that we will need for those meals.

This means that:
1. I don't have to worry about meal planning for a majority of our work week
2. My grocery shopping has become significantly easier
3. We won't end up with leftover ingredients that go to waste
4. We get to try new (and healthy!) recipes weekly.

We get our first box tomorrow!  This week we're having Chicken Penne, Spanish Steak Salad and Bangers & Cauliflower Mash.  They all look really yummy!  I'm excited to see how we like the meals!!


No comments:

Post a Comment