Monday, March 16, 2015

What to Pray

My mom and I were talking yesterday about a childhood friend of mine who is also dealing with infertility.  Her infertility is very different from mine, but the end result is the same....no baby.  My mom and her mom were talking about how they pray desperately every day for us to be able to get pregnant and have become frustrated with the seeming lack of response from God.  I completely understand the frustration.

I've come so far in this journey of how I try to pray for our infertility.  And it's definitely continuing to be a journey.  And I definitely still spend the majority of my time just flat out praying for a baby.  But my conversation with my mom got me to thinking about how the people that love us (who probably feel more helpless in this situation than we do) can pray for us.

1.  Pray that we still take the time to recognize the majesty of God.  It is so easy to become focused on the heartbreak of infertility and focused on ourselves that we forget to see God for who He really is.  (Psalm 19:1-4; Rev 1:9-20; Genesis 1)

2.  Pray that we focus on the person of God.

He is wise (Romans 11:33).
He is faithful (Hebrews 3:1-6).
He is loving (Ephesians 3:14-21; Matthew 7:11).
He is powerful (2 Corinthians 12:7-10).
3.  Pray that we have a right attitude.  This process can be so long and exhausting.  It's easy to get lost in it all.  Pray that this is the attitude of our heart:

Hope - Job 13:15; Psalm 25; Romans 5:1-5
Joy - Psalm 90:14; Psalm 5:11; Psalm 16:11; Psalm 30:5
Consecrated Life - Romans 12:1-2; Matthew 16:24
Peace - Philippians 4:6-8; Philippians 4:11-13
Thankfulness - Psalm 100:4-5
Anyone struggling with infertility would covet your prayers, and we are no different.  We would love to know that you are praying these things for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment