Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Hello Fresh Review

Well, we've had our first full box (three meals) and got our second box today.  I thought I had posted pictures of our first box, but apparently I didn't!  I can't find any of our pictures from our first box, so I'll be sure to blog about it in detail next Wednesday when we get our next one.  Sorry!

  We just finished up our fourth meal, and all we can say is WOW.  We are really loving this service!  Out of the four meals we've had (Chicken Penne, Bangers and Cauliflower Mash, Spanish Steak Salad and Pan-Fried Shrimp Gyozas) there's only been one that we haven't liked....and that's because we're pasta snobs.


Chicken Penne
I love that it gets me out of my cooking comfort zone.  Never in a million years would I have made the meal below without Hello Fresh.  Shoot.  I don't even know what a gyoza is!  But it sure was yummy....and fun to make!
Pan-Fried Shrimp Gyozas
 I especially love that everything comes to you pre-measured and ready to go.  No more wasting a giant bag of spinach when I only needed a cup or two!  LOVE THAT!  
They also send a color recipe card with some pictures to help you along the way for each meal.  They're a heavy duty card stock so I know they'll be durable enough to last me a while.
This makes dinner SO easy to make!
And darn it all if we didn't have a salad for dinner and spend the whole evening raving about how yummy it was!  Pretty sure that's never happened in the history of my husband.  
Since Michael and I have started working out with a personal trainer, it's nice to have easy, yummy and healthy meals ready to go 3 nights a week.
Spanish Steak Salad
 And the soy sauce packages are adorable!

These are the wontons I made for tonight's meal.  Yummy shrimp is inside!

If you want to try Hello Fresh for a seriously discounted rate, you can get $40 off your first box by using this code:
EHVC75  

In full disclosure, if you use this code not only do you get to save money, but we get to save money too!  You'll get $40 off your first box and we'll get $20 off of our next box.

As of right now, the benefit of not having to meal plan, taking fewer trips to the grocery store, trying out new recipes and eating delicious, healthy meals far out weigh the extra money we spend with this service (as opposed to just going to the store and doing everything ourselves).  
It's a serious win-win here!

No comments:

Post a Comment