Sunday, April 11, 2010

Healing Power

I am SOO excited about how good my God is!  I am amazed at how He brings exactly what I need exactly when I need it.  And I can't wait to hear Beth Moore preach about God's restoration powers later this month!  My mom would tell me I'm wishing my life away, but I'm SO ready for it to be April 24!! 

If you've been reading my previous posts, you know that the Lord has used Beth Moore's "So Long, Insecurity" book to really bring to light areas in my life that need His healing power.  I am praying that He would be my strength in weakness.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE this blurb:

You are my security, O God.  You are the one sure thing.  When everything around me shakes, You are unshakable. [a la JJ Heller's "Your Hands"] Nothing has the propensity to reveal false gods to me like a sudden change in my circumstances.  [Hello, November!  This completely happened to me this past Thanskgiving!!  And, man, did I find some false gods!]  Help me to see them and surrender them instantaneously.  Use change to provoke what needs changing in me, Lord, and to increase my appreciation of the only One who is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

Hello!!  I hope that speaks to someone else as much as it speaks to me!!  If nothing else, I praise God for the sudden change in my circumstances that left me with a broken heart because it revealed some serious sin in my life.  Thank you, Jesus, for loving me enough to stop me in my tracks!  The Lord only sheds His light where He's willing to heal.  Father, heal that area of my life.  Give me the strength to allow You to be the Lord of my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment