Sunday, April 18, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dad!!

So, my dad turned the big 6-0 this weekend! None of us can believe it! Needless to say, my dad did not exactly welcome this birthday. But as we all have been saying....it's better than the alternative!!! It hasn't exactly been a relaxing weekend for any of us except my dad. But, for the most part, everything went off without a hitch!

Friday night we had a mini-celebration with a couple of my dad's friends over dinner. One of my dad's bestest buddies was supposed to come in from St. Louis to surprise him, but had to cancel last minute. We were all very sad to not get to see Gary. But, as you can tell, we got silly without him. :-)



For some reason my dad was not all that impressed with his gifts. Or maybe it was because he knew there was a party coming the next night even though he explicitly said he didn't want one.....


So my dad celebrated his 60th with a day out on the lake while the girls stayed at home and frantically cleaned, baked, mowed the lawn, etc. in preparation for the surprise party that evening. As you can tell he was thrilled by the surprise.




Meredith and I had a bit of silly time before the party began...




I got my dad a couple of marshmallow guns for his birthday to help him rediscover his youth. :-) Meredith and I had more fun with them than he did.




All in all, it was a super fun weekend but it's gone WAAAYYY too fast! I'm definitely not ready for the work week to begin again. Grad school has been beyond overwhelming, and I've spent literally the entire day (excluding church this morning) working on grad school projects and papers. I'm ready for a break!!!

I'm praying this week for the peace of God that transcends all understanding to guard my heart (still working through a lot of heart things....can't wait for Beth Moore next weekend!) and my mind (this overwhelming combination of grad school and work and everything else in my schedule is causing me serious anxiety). God is good, and I just pray He can continue His good work in me through the craziness of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment