Thursday, September 15, 2011

Minglin' Update

Well...they did it.  I thought that maybe if I gave them permission my parents wouldn't actually give legs to the "christianmingle.com" obsession.  I was wrong.

Shortly after posting about the whole thing here, my mom had signed me up, answered all of the basic questions for my profile and even posted a picture.  At her request, I acquiesced and answered the essay questions on the site as well.  After all, she is my mother and she's only trying to help...albeit the help is a little misguided.

And then the emails started.

I'll admit it.  When my inbox started to fill up I got a little teensy bit excited.  Hopeful, even.  However, I'm more about quality than quantity here.  And based on the quality of feedback my profile has been getting, I'm wishing I had included some extra "guidelines" for these gentlemen suiters.

Kinda like these...

Please review the following guidelines before replying to my profile.  If any of the statements below describe you, please know in advance that I will NOT email you back.


   1.  If you are shorter than me
   2.  If you are skinnier than me
   3.  If I can beat you up
   4.  If you you are closer in age to my parents than to me
   5.  If your pickup line is seriously "How YOU doin?"         


Looks like it's back to the drawing board....





3 comments:

  1. Ha ha! I am so sorry! I am sure it is not too humorous to you personally... But I LOVE your " I will NOT write you back list!" I have had several friends use the dating websites (with lots of success actually!) and they all had to wade through "those" types of inquiries/offers. Good luck! God will bring the perfect plan across your path, in ways you could never imagine! Keep your eyes on HIM, and you will "trip" over that plan in the blink of an eye one day!:) Happy Mingling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, friend! I'm putting zero stock in this whole thing. Just humoring the parents. PLUS....I'm holding out for Brandon Heath!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No joke- my parents did the SAME thing for me! Except I didn't know until I got all of these crazy e-mails! Thankfully it's great therapy for a good laugh. :) Your list is perfect!

    ReplyDelete