Monday, May 31, 2010

Random-ness

I have a few random pictures and then a few random thoughts to share today! My lovely sister graduated from college to be a high school history teacher. (If you know of any job openings, let me know!! It's slim pickins' out there right now!) To celebrate her graduating, we went to dinner at Blanc on the plaza. YUM YUM YUM!! I'm trying to figure out why we didn't take any pictures of our food!!



Then, of course, we got a little bit silly.



Some more random pictures from this past weekend....

Me and my cousin Andrea (also our PE teacher!). We were sweating to death in this picture!!



Celebration at the Station 2010


I love Memorial Day weekend. We've had family reunions, celebrations and LOTS of food!! But it doesn't matter the holiday or how crazy busy I am, holidays always make me hate my singleness. Last night as I was watching the amazing fireworks display over Liberty Memorial in downtown KC I couldn't stop myself from praying that this time next year I wouldn't be alone. Oh, how I long for the desires of my heart to be fulfilled!! And amazingly enough (maybe because God is pretty stinkin' awesome) this wonderful David Crowder song came to my mind. I've always loved the lyrics but I want to truly believe them with my heart. I want His love for me to eclipse my affliction of singleness. Sometimes I get so caught up in my so-called afflictions that I fail to see how glorious God's love for me truly is. This week has also been a tough one at work. I have been surrounded by lies and gossip and actions that destroy relationships. I pray, Lord, that your glory would eclipse everything else in my life...so that You are all I can see.

He is jealous for me, (<----- I love that He is jealous for me!)
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory, And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us so,
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all

Yeah, He loves us,
Oh! how He loves us,
Oh! how He loves us,
Oh! how He loves.


We are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes,
If grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking.
And Heaven meets earth like an unforseen kiss,
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest,
I don’t have time to maintain these regrets,
When I think about, the way…

No comments:

Post a Comment