Thursday, March 21, 2013

Girls Night Out and Basketball

My family loves college basketball.  And we're a house divided.  My dad and my hubby are KU fans, and the rest of us (me, my mom and my sis) are MU fans.  My sister and I both graduated from Mizzou.  But, honestly, I root for Kansas, too.  Don't tell anyone!  That's a total Mizzou taboo!!  (I think I've been to more Kansas games (2) than I have Mizzou games.)

We're so excited in Kansas City to have all three of our local teams - Kansas, Mizzou and K-State - in the NCAA tournament.  We're especially exited to have the Sprint Center in downtown KC host a lot of the second and third round games!!

Source: http://populous.com/project/sprint-center/
(PS....It was frigid and snowy today, so this picture is slightly misleading as to our experience today!)

AND Kansas and K-State get the benefit of pretty much home-court advantage to play in Kansas City!  YAY!  And super YAY for our community and the revenue we're going to be getting from all of this basketball fun!!

Today the teams had an open practice at the Sprint Center.  My mom and I decided to have a Girls Night Out and check out the Kansas practice.  Before Kansas practiced, though, we got to watch the University of North Carolina.  Now...if you're not from Kansas City or a KU fan, you might not know that the UNC coach (Roy Williams) used to be the Kansas coach.  And he didn't exactly leave on good terms.  Some of us are still a little bitter (i.e. ME!).  But when he entered with his team today, he got a standing ovation.  I guess we still kinda like him.  And we have a good team, too.  So that helps us/me get over him deserting us.  :-)

He really is a good guy.

We're having lots of fun!  (Despite the creeper sitting next to me.  STOP LOOKING AT ME!!!)

The UNC players put on quite a show at the end of their 35 minutes of practice time.  Watch Roy Williams.  His reactions are funny, too!


Kansas came on to practice after UNC, but they were boring in comparison!  Then my mamma and I headed to Gordon Birsch for dinner.  We had such a fun night!!  I love that lady!

Speaking of basketball and NCAA brackets....here are mine!  So far, I'm doing pretty good.  But I'd better get this published before the UNLC/Cal game and the Belmont/Arizona game finish up so that I can say I'm 100% on my brackets for now!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like so much fun! My bracket is still intact for the most part. : )

    ReplyDelete