Sunday, June 27, 2010

Arriving in London

Wow it's been a while since I've posted!!  Since we've returned from our trip to London and Southern Ireland, I have had to hit the ground running!!  Tomorrow is (thankfully!) my last night of grad school for the summer, and I've spent the last few days preparing for my school law and personnel finals.  I am so over it all!

As I downloaded all of my pictures from our trip (I think I'm upwards of 200 pictures), I got a little overwhelmed with the volume of pictures I had to sort through and so I put off posting or sorting or anything that had to do with pictures and instead took a little dip at the pool.  :-)

And since I can't ignore the mass of pictures for forever, I've come up with a plan of how to attack this HUGE project.  I've decided instead of one MASSIVE post, I'll make several smaller posts and won't feel quite as overwhelmed with the crazy amount of pictures!!  So, here's post #1.

Leaving KC and Arriving in London

As we left Kansas City Airport for London (actually for Chicago, then Toronto, then London).  Our flight was at 7:30am.  Needless to say, we were up EARLY!!!




After the flight to Chicago, Dad decided he was jealous of my neck pillow and bought one of his own.  And Meredith likes to harass him.


We finally made it to Toronto where Meredith and I received our very first passport stamp!!  WOO HOO!

After an already full day of flying, we FINALLY boarded our flight to LONDON!!  Can you tell that the girls are just a little more excited than dad?  He wasn't happy about not being in business class.  



He decided he could be okay.  

By the time we arrived in London, it was 6:30am their time....12:30am our time.  Needless to say, we were EXHAUSTED!!  So we found our hotel, took a nap for a couple of hours and were off to the tube to begin our first tour of London.  



We started by hitting up those oh-so-famous red double-decker buses.



Here are some things we saw from the bus.  London is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!

We hopped off the bus and headed to Trafalgar Square where we searched for a place to eat and sadly ended up in a tourist trap.  Thankfully for our tired bodies, it was time to call it a night and head back to the hotel to CRASH!!

Day 2 in London will have to wait for another day.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment