Wednesday, June 22, 2016

The Details

We believe that life begins at conception.  That means the embryos we lost were actually babies who are now with Jesus in heaven.  These are the only babies I have ever known, and I wanted the details of why we would never see them on this side of heaven.  Here's what I learned:

From our second retrieval:
#1: This embryo was missing a copy of both chromosome 21 and 22.
#2: This embryo was missing a copy of chromosome 1.

From our third retrieval:
#1: This embryo was chromosomally normal.
#2: This embryo is being rebiopsied.
#3: This embryo was missing a copy of chromosome 5.
#4: This embryo was missing a copy of chromosome 22.
#5: This embryo was chromosomally normal.

I don't know why these details are important to me, but they somehow help me to process our loss.

1 comment: