Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Fear

Fear can be debilitating.  It's Satan's trump card for bringing me emotionally into captivity.  If I allow my mind to go to that place of darkness, my list of fears is unending.

I'm afraid that I won't be a mother.
I'm afraid we will have spent this insane amount of money and end up empty handed.
I'm afraid my husband will resent me.
I'm afraid I won't be able to have a biological child who looks like me.
I'm afraid of losing more babies.

I'm. Afraid.

But the Lord has not called me to be a slave to fear.

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  (2 Timothy 1:7)

He has given me power over Satan and over my fear.  He has given me a sound mind, which He calls me to renew daily (Romans 12:2).  When I find myself falling back into the captivity of fear, it's at that moment more than any other that I must renew my mind with God's Word.

My pastor says that when we command our thoughts, our emotions will follow.  So when I command my thoughts to trust Jesus no matter what, eventually my emotions will follow.  When I remind myself who I am in Christ, I no longer have to be a slave to fear.

You split the sea so I could walk right through it
My fears were drowned in perfect love
You rescued me so I could stand and sing
I AM A CHILD OF GOD



No comments:

Post a Comment