Saturday, January 26, 2013

HomeMade Laundry Detergent - Take One


So, I'm totally addicted to Pinterest.  And I've seen tons of homemade laundry detergent recipes.  One such recipe caught my eye.  It's super thick (like mayo) and it's called Laundry Sauce.  I spent last Saturday working on this yummy smelling stuff.  Here's what I ended up with.


In the process of making laundry sauce, it's supposed to separate pretty significantly.  Mine didn't so much do that, which makes me wonder if I messed up somewhere.  So, I did a comparison test between my Tide and my Laundry Sauce.  

Here's the before:



Here's the after:


I'm totally bummed with the results.  It's super obvious (especially in person) which sock is whiter.  I'm going to try the recipe again and see if I can get it to separate like the recipe says it should.  Otherwise.....back to the drawing board for laundry detergent recipes!

1 comment: