Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Homesick

Tomorrow is the first day of school in my eighth year of teaching.

Tomorrow is also the first day I will not be teaching in Raytown.

And while I'm excited to meet the new kiddos that I'll be teaching, I'm genuinely sad that I won't see the familiar faces of all of my babies.   I miss my home.  I miss knowing my colleagues.  I miss seeing my friends.  I miss feeling a part of the community and the history.  And, man, I miss my kiddos.  For eight years, I have given everything I have to the kids of Robinson.  Leaving them behind has been significantly more difficult than I ever anticipated.

...Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.
                                                                                       ~Psalm 30:5



No comments:

Post a Comment