Saturday, March 10, 2012

The BIG 3-0

The day of my big 3-0 started with just a little relaxing and reading on the beach.  





After a morning of a whole lot of wonderful nothing.....we went to our now daily water aerobics class and then pulled up a chair for a lunch of chips and guac.  Let me just tell you, I do NOT like guacamole.  But I LOVED the guacamole at the resort!!  Apparently you should go to Mexico if you want good guacamole!  


My sister was appalled that I was turning 30 and had never taken a shot before.  I think shots sound disgusting.  I don't want to be drunk and so I don't really know what other purpose there is for a shot.  But to appease my sister, I agreed to trying one on my 30th.  She made some kind of peachy thing that really didn't taste very good.  (And if it doesn't taste good, why would I want to drink it???)



I sipped mine.  :-)


After my first shot (which I don't anticipate experiencing again), we hung out at the little outdoor bar for a while longer and just enjoyed the view.  While we were relaxing, our favorite server, Pablo, (who is also a mighty fine salsa dancer), walked by, grabbed Meredith out of her chair and danced a few minutes.  It was quite entertaining!

We decided to head back to the beach shortly after.  I was lying on our cabana...


when I heard my mom call my name from our room.  I turned around, and who was standing there?  PABLO!  He had been combing the beach for us because he had a birthday cake for me!  He had a candle and everything!! 
How sweet is that?! 



After a lovely day relaxing on the beach, it was time to get cleaned up for the official birthday celebration!

For my birthday dinner we went back to Maria Marie's.  We ate there the night before and it was so delicious we wanted more!  The servers were wonderful!  They brought me out a birthday cake (my second of the day!) and sang happy birthday to me.

Meredith really likes this pose.  It drive my mom crazy.



After dinner we headed back down to 5th Avenue.  The streets were really crowded this night!  We stopped to look at a few things along the way.



These last couple of pictures are from our last day in Playa del Carmen.  
All in all, I'd say this was quite possibly my best birthday ever.  
If I have to turn 30, Mexico was the place to do it!




No comments:

Post a Comment