Sunday, April 17, 2011

WHAT?!

Things I know:


  • I've never been to China, but I really like (Americanized) Chinese food.  I've been told, however, to expect to drop 5 pounds when faced with the real Chinese food.
  • I'm a little worried about this jet lag thing.
  • When filling out the teaching in China application, I requested to be an assistant teacher because I have never before taught English to Chinese speaking students in China.  
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • I got an email Friday telling me that I will be a lead teacher.  (My parents think this is just as well seeing as how I enjoy being the boss.)
  • Not only am I a lead teacher, but I'm the lead teacher in a BEGINNER classroom!!  So, chances are, the kids in my class will know a total of...ummm...10 words in English.  (Upon receipt of the aforementioned email, I called my mom with the response of "WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!".  She jokingly told me to just say everything louder when I'm teaching.  I informed her that I've already tried that technique on my English speaking students.  It doesn't work.)
  • I just spent the last hour on the phone with our camp leaders (who I love already!) trying to wrap my mind around the structure of daily lessons.
  • I now have a completely different set of lesson plans to create.  
  • Even in my shock and uncertainty, God is good.  
  • He planned me being a lead teacher before I even knew I was going to China.  
  • HE IS IN CONTROL.
  • I love Him.  


No comments:

Post a Comment