Sunday, April 3, 2011

One Is the Loneliest Number

In high school, I was an introvert.  I needed my down time.  My "Lauren Time."  Since buying my house five years ago and living alone most of that time, I've discovered that I need to be around people much more than I used to!  I am still very much a homebody so a lot of the time I do want to be home...just not necessarily by myself.  That's one of the things I'm looking forward to in married life -- just having someone there.  I know, I know.  One of these days I will look back and long for the quiet, lonely weekend that I had this weekend.  But in the present day, it kind of sucks.  

Here are a few tips in ministering to the single folks in your life:

1.  Call them randomly -- especially on weekends or times off work.  If we're busy, we won't answer or we'll call you back.  If we're not, we will SOO appreciate the conversation!!  Even if it's a quick one! It's nice to know someone loves you and is thinking about you even when that someone has five kids running around the house and twenty loads of laundry going.  :-)

2.  Go to their house when you get together.  As the single people, we usually get forced into going to other people's house because of the husband and kid thing.  And that's not to say that I don't absolutely love visiting my married-with-children friends at their place --  but it's really nice to have people time in my own space.

3.  Don't make us plan everything.  Just because we're single doesn't mean we have time to organize everyone's social calendar!  Take a little initiative and plan something for us!  I

All that to say -- this wasn't my favorite weekend ever.  But the weather was beautiful and God is good. Lots more going on between Him and I.....can't wait to share when He allows!

No comments:

Post a Comment