Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pumpkins on Parade

My mom is a member of the Raytown Kiwanis.  She and other Kiwanis members took on the HUGE project of Raytown's First Annual Pumpkins on Parade.  After my aforementioned Saturday morning meltdown, I met my mom at Cave Spring in Raytown to help set up for this AMAZING event!  Basically we had almost 500 pumpkins carved by local families, organizations and groups and lined the trails of Cave Spring with them.  Then over 1000 people came through the trail!  It was AWESOME!!  


I was crazy enough to have my classroom carve pumpkins.  Yes.  That means 24 second graders armed with kid-friendly carving knives and pumpkins.  It was so much fun!!!

This is a picture of one of my students and myself at our classroom carving.  I got permission from her mom.  :-)


Here are our final products!  I was SOO proud of my kids!  And I loved that so many of them came out to see their pumpkins.  





Here are some more pics from the night!  SO MUCH FUN!!!











COOL Pumpkins:




COOL Pumpkins by my mom:


Happy Halloween!!  Go carve a pumpkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment