Saturday, March 20, 2010

First Post

So, I'm joining the rest of the world and starting a blog. Part of me feels slightly egotistical that I would think that my life is interesting enough for anyone else to care to read about it. But that isn't really the purpose behind this blog. I've gone back and forth in my mind about why I want to start a blog, but I think the purpose I've settled on is this. I want a way to document the journey God is taking me on. Lots of people do this sort of thing using a prayer journal or diary. I'm not good at either of those things. My brain goes so much faster than my hand can keep up! So, I'm going to attempt a blog.

For some reason, I feel like a new chapter in my life may be close to beginning. In church on Sunday, my pastor explained to us that in the Bible, the number 7 is used as the number of completion. My heart is still healing from a breakup with a man I saw myself marrying. I was 27. Although I fought it tooth and nail, God completed that chapter of my life with that man. On a side note, He has been so good through the hurt - so faithful to me. He has spoken to me in ways that I have never experienced. In fact, I often feel so much closer to Him during my seasons of pain than I do during my seasons of happiness. Back to my point. :-) Pastor explained that although the number 7 is the number of completion, the number 8 is the number of new beginnings. I turned 28 a little less than a month ago. I'm ready for my new beginning.

My life currently is out-of-control-busy and completely overwhelming. I feel like God has so many things He wants me to learn through this season of singleness, and I'm afraid I'm so busy that I'm going to miss them. Hence, the need for this blog. I want to make a determined effort not to miss the lessons He has for me. No, I'm not where I want to be at 28. I wanted to be married and starting a family. But I'm holding tight to God's promise that He will give me the desires of my heart. So right now, I'm working to delight myself in Him and in nothing else.

Lauren