Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Our Paris Vacation - Day 2

Our Paris Vacation - Day 2

Our first real day in Paris started with, what else, but the EIFFEL TOWER?! 

Our hotel was a five minute walk to the Eiffel Tower.  Here we are on our way!  

Can you see it there in the distance?  We're really close!!

And there it is....on a really cloudy day.

Me and my honey
Mom and sis
And then we went back to the hotel to get jackets and umbrellas.  BRRRRR!




Getting ready to go to the top!
The elevator ride up to the first level
I'm not a fan of heights, so the ride up made me a little nervous.  But the view was incredible!  (And I just didn't go too close to the edge.)

Taking in the view

This is the view of the top of the Eiffel Tower.  We're getting ready to go up there!



Going to the very top!
We made it!
We were as high as you can go on the Eiffel Tower and as we looked up, just above us it the tip!  It's used as a radio signal tower now.  For some reason, I think that's funny.



Michael and me at the top of the Eiffel Tower!

This is how high we were.  We're almost 1,000 feet up in the air!

For Christmas Michael got me a Pandora bracelet.  I've never been a charm bracelet fan, but I love mine!  I love that we have something special between the two of us.  It's turning into the story line of our marriage.  So far I have a charm for our wedding day, our first Christmas together and my last day as a music teacher.  While we were there, we decided we wanted to be able to say we had kissed on the top of the Eiffel Tower.  When we pulled away Michael had a big grin on his face.  (I thought I must have given him a really good kiss for that kind of grin!)  But I looked down to him holding out a box for me.  Inside the box was an Eiffel Tower charm for my bracelet.  I married the sweetest man!  Now when I tell the story of my charms, I can say he gave me the Eiffel Tower charm at the top of the tower itself!

After spending the morning at the Eiffel Tower we stopped at the hotel to do a little clothing change-a-roo thanks to the weather and then headed somewhere for lunch and ended up in this very French cafe.  As in, they do not "speak-uh duh English".  And they had very French food.  A lot of which I have no interest in tasting.  But the waiter was so stinkin' nice (he tried so hard to come up with some English words to describe the menu) and the ladies at the table next to us spoke some English and they gave us lots of tips about Paris.  (The Parisians were so wonderful our entire trip!  Don't believe the stereotype that the French are rude.  It's not true!)
French fries in France!
Digging in to our yummy lunch! 

Because of the rain, it wasn't going to be a whole lot of fun to walk around Paris.  So we decided to go to one of the many museums in Paris and headed to the Musee d'Orsay.  

And so did every other tourist in Paris.

We spent a while waiting in line in the rain.  Man, I wish I had brought an umbrella!  And I sure am glad my mom brought an extra one!  Thanks, Mom!



We spent the rest of the afternoon wandering around the museum and then crashed at the hotel that night.  We were exhausted!  But it was such a great day!!  

I'll leave you with a few Paris Travel Tips and this picture of the Eiffel Tower at dusk.  Love Paris!


No comments:

Post a Comment