Thursday, May 24, 2012

Wedding Update: Four Months


I absolutely cannot believe this is actually happening.  Hold on just one second.....Am I really getting married?????  Am I really getting married??????  I have to keep reminding myself that, yes indeed, I am getting married.  I'd love to hear from some of you who were older when you got married.  It's been harder, I think, for me because I'm older.  I've waited so long....I've had some anxiety about pulling the proverbial trigger.  I don't know if that makes any sense at all.  Regardless....that's a topic/battle that deserves a post entirely to itself.

The bottom line is.....no this isn't a dream.  YES I am getting married!!!  SOOO.....with so little time for this engagement, let me get you caught up on what has been accomplished so far.

Groom -  Michael Malone
Date - September 22, 2012
Wedding Venue - Raytown Christian Church (the church I grew up in)
Reception Venue - The VanNoy Mansion.  It's SOO pretty!
Colors -  Blue, White and Ivory
Gown - It's top secret....but I have it.  (I'm trying not to second guess my decision!!)
Flowers - Garden Roses, Peonies, Hydrangea and Lisianthius
Maid of Honor - Meredith (my sister)
Bridesmaids - Three of my best friends in the world!!  See here.  
Bridesmaids Dresses -  We picked them out and have them ordered! Read about it here.  
Best Man - Andrew... A great friend of ours!  He was a co-conspirator in the proposal plan.
Groomsmen - Jason, Matt and Greg  (Obviously...they're all friends of the groom.)
Florist - Amy Cason  (She's a friend of mine and is absolutely phenomenal!)  Check out her work!
Engagement Photos - We took them last Saturday.  My friend Allison (also a bridesmaid) took them for us.  Check back soon to see them!
Wedding Photographer - Soo...apparently I know lots of people in the wedding business.  My friend Allison Carenza is doing those.  Again...she's phenomenal!  Here's a peek at her work.
Flower Girls - Georgia, my friend Courtney's daughter; Michael's niece Kyndall.  I've picked out the dresses....buying them soon!
Food - We have a tasting next week....
Cake - Tastings next week...


Next on the agenda:
*Finishing the guest list
*Sending out Save the Dates
*Booking a caterer
*Booking a cake person

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your wedding posts. I am so happy for you and know that this next year is bound to be extra special between getting married, moving schools, and just living. I can't wait to see more pictures and to follow your jouney :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you! Proof that God's timing is perfect if we wait on him. I'm still waiting! : )

    ReplyDelete