Saturday, June 4, 2011

Obsessions

I tend to go through phases of obsessions.  Right now I'm obsessed with....

1.  Hair extensions.  I WANT THEM!  My hair is thick, but it is really fine.  Which basically means it is flat all the time and I will never have long, beautiful, flowing hair.  I really really want them, but they're sooooo expensive and I just don't have the money.

Sooooo jealous!

2.  This one sounds a little creepster if I continue with the word obsessed.  So instead, let's just say I have a completely healthy, not-scary appreciation for......Brandon Heath.


I would totally let him take me to dinner.  

He's coming to Kansas City in October, and you can bet your booty I'll be there!!  Now to figure out how to get a date while he's here.....

3.  My third, and most serious, obsession is Joplin.  If you don't know what's happened in Joplin, Missouri you must have been living under a rock the past few weeks.  On May 22, 2011, one of the deadliest tornadoes on record hit Joplin, Missouri.  It completely wiped out the entire town.  Virtually nothing is left.  


There have been sooo many horror stories about that night and yet so many testimonies of God's goodness.  


I am soooo blessed to have the opportunity to go and serve the people of Joplin later this month.  I'll be going with a team from my church to help clean up the wreckage from that terrible tornado.  I can't wait!




No comments:

Post a Comment